When I saw the the photos of Greg and Kristin’s wedding by Amber Marie Photography, I had to share them with y’all. Not only did they marry on the Sky Deck rooftop of the fabled Detroit Opera House, they leveraged the venue for some stunning, traditional photo opportunities, before hosting a reception in one of the cooler, brick-wall spaces on an upper floor.
What I appreciate most about this special wedding is that the couple chose one of the city’s most iconic venues … but made it completely their own.
Take a look at a sampling of photos below, or see the full photo gallery here.
Such a gorgeous backdrop! Love the ornate details of the Opera House.
A fresh perspective on first photos, above.
That skyline! Those views!
The brick walls and hanging twinkle lights … so good. Dress it up, or keep the lovely casual vibe.
Interested in vendors? Here’s Greg and Kristin’s rundown:
- Ceremony/Reception: Sky Deck / Detroit Opera House
- Wedding Dress: Sarah Seven / The Gown Shop Ann Arbor
- Suit: J. Crew
- Invitation: Alicia Cox
- Calligraphy: Made by Meer
- Hair: Nahee Hong / Bianchi’s Salon Royal Oak
- MUA: Juliette / Hannah Price Beauty
- Bridesmaid dresses: Vow to be Chic
- Groomsmen suits: The Black Tux
- Pies and Cookies: Sister Pie
- Photobooth: Fancy Flash
- DJ: Todd Modes
- Second shooter: Michelle Kopka