SO. MUCH. is going on in Detroit right now. It’s hard to keep up! Let’s cover some of the most recent updates …
- The QLine is up and running; hooray! If you’re a bride that’s considering Detroit, this transit system will significantly help your guests get around the city. Rehearsal dinner at The Whitney? Easy, hop on the line from the Aloft Hotel and take it up a few stops to Midtown. Grab drinks at Townhouse a short ride later. Then head toward the DIA for the Big Day … it’s the Woodward Wedding of my dreams!
- The Foundation Hotel in the old firehouse is open! Book a room today and scope out the new restaurant and roof-top event space … perfect for wedding ceremonies and small receptions, I believe?
- One of the region’s wildest wedding cake bakers has opened up a brightly-colored brick-and-mortar shop in Cass Cooridor and let me say this: I cannot wait to try these sugar masterpieces. From soft and elegant to sleek and sculptural, these beauties are something else; you can check out the full wedding cake gallery here.
- The reno of the old Packard Plant is underway and plans are to include a ground-floor event space that could be used for wedding receptions – hooray! The only catch? We’ll be waiting 18-24 months for the renovations to be complete.
- The Detroit News provides guidance on how to help your wedding guests mingle and ensure that everyone has a good time.
- Detroit Metro Times published its “Best of” list for retailers and service providers … check out the full list here and consider yourself recommended by the masses.
- Love, love, love these wedding-inspired photos by Chelsea Brown Photography at the Rusas Printing Building in New Center. (Shown above.)